Our Sustainability Policy is based upon the following principles:
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To minimise the impact on sustainability of all office and transportation activities.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy, and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices.
In order to put these principles into practice we will:
Travel and meetings
- Walk, cycle and/or use public transport to attend meetings, site visits etc where possible. Exceptions are when where the alternatives are impractical and/or cost prohibitive.
- Include the full costs of more sustainable forms of transport in our financial proposals, rather than the least cost option which may involve travelling by car or air.
- Avoid physically travelling to meetings etc where alternatives are available and practical, such as using teleconferencing, video conferencing or web cams, and efficient timing of meetings to avoid multiple trips. These options are also often more time efficient, while not sacrificing the benefits of regular contact with clients and partners.
- Reduce the need for our staff to travel by supporting alternative working arrangements, including home working for office staff
Purchase of equipment and consumption of resources
- Minimise our use of paper and other office consumables, for example keeping as much paperwork online rather than printing off and storing to cloud storage
- As far as possible arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper and computer supplies
- Ensure equipment is turned off and not using power when not required
- Recycle all plastic waste within site where possible
- Re use packaging where possible i.e. good quality pallets cleaned, repaired and re-used. If not practicable send to pallet company for repair/recycle
- Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy efficient equipment.
- Use energy efficient lighting and make use of natural light so far as is reasonably practicable
- Purchase fair-trade and/or organic beverages.
Labour and Human Rights
- The company will not support or work with organisations which fail to uphold basic human rights within their influence, which are involved in the manufacture or transfer to an oppressive regime, or are involved in the manufacture of products used in the violation of human rights.
- The company will not provide support or work with organisations which do not conform to the most widely accepted standards for minimum labour rights or which do not cover the use of under-age or forced labour.
- We do not tolerate discrimination, bullying or any other kind of harassment.
- Employees are expected to abide by company rules and to be honest and considerate in their various roles.
- Grievance procedures are in place for any such behaviour or suspected inappropriate behaviour to other individuals or organisations.
- Equally the company will treat dishonest actions or accusations by employees seriously; this may result in disciplinary action in accordance with company rules and disciplinary procedures.
- Actively encouraging repeat business with key suppliers to nurture quality, trust and good relationships.
- Maximising local supply chains to ensure we can build up a trustworthy, reliable team within reasonable geographical proximity to a project.